Wednesday 7 May 2014

Baby Quilts

It's not a secret I love to craft. I have always admired my mom's cute quilts, baby blankets, wall-hangings, table runners etc that she sews. I sewed a little in High School, and even got a sewing machine for Christmas one year... but sadly it has sat in the box ever since. I was so busy with school and friends during university I never had any time! Now that I'm working and married I have found some spare moments finally! So I decided it was time to dust 'er off and get to work. It is baby season after all!! There must be something in the water because all of my best friends had babies this Spring. My mom was so patient with me, I tend to get frustrated when I'm not instantly good at something (haha go figure). She spent so many nights and weekends helping me - It was fun to spend some mother/daughter time together. Once we sewed the quilt together we had a lady with an industrial machine quilter quilt some super ADORABLE designs on to the quilts. It doubles the quilt's cuteness factor! Here are a few of the quilts we made...


Ashley Johnson's Quilt for little miss Berkley

 I'm kind of obsessed with owls right now - I think they are ridiculously cute. When we found out the quilt lady had an owl pattern I just about died! Works perfectly with the cute owl fabric :) Love the soft minky on the back.

Nicole Maclean's Quilt for little miss Alexa
I was a little nervous about this quilt because it's not as cutesy and girly as some of the other quilts I've made. I made Nicole's 1st baby a quilt a couple years ago and it was very girly, this one was more traditional. But they are different girls and I wanted different quilts. I think it turned out cute! I love the soft, fuzzy yellow on the back and the cute flower swirly quilting.

Maggie Brumwell's quilt for little miss Alexis
Maggie didn't find out if she was having a boy or a girl so it made it difficult for me to have a quilt ready for when Baby arrived! So I made 2 quilts, a girl one and boy one. She ended up having a girl!!! (which by the way I totalled called!!! Everyone else said she was having a boy...) Here are a few pictures of when I met sweet little Alexis and her modeling her new quilt. Isn't she precious?!



Here is the boy version I will be saving for another lucky baby.. :) It's not quilted or bound in this picture

2 comments:

  1. They're all super cute Kylie! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are freaking adorable. You're going to teach me right? ... Haha

    ReplyDelete