Wednesday 2 July 2014

O Canada!

On Monday I had an interesting conversation with 2 of my coworkers. Both of them have families of their own and are not from Lethbridge. They inquired what I was doing on my day off so I told them tales of giant family dinners, bocce ball tournaments, you know.. "the usual". I guess I take "the usual" for granted because these two gushed over how lucky I am to have a big family. They live so far away from their immediate and extended families (which consist of one other brother or sister) that their days off are spent with their own little family and sometimes it gets lonely. I felt bad even mentioning that sometimes we have so many family events that we actually have to pick and choose which to attend! So here's a little update on what "the usual" is for Nick and I, and I've got to say, its pretty great. My coworkers are right, I am very blessed.


Bocche Ball Tournament

some cute Canada Day cupcakes I made :) I found some perfect maple leaf sprinkles at bulk barn!

Water Fight! ... I made everyone stay clear of me

Nick took a spill into this table. Poor baby... or should I say poor table.

 Lan Dawg and Nate awww enjoying the water fight on this hot summers day!

the cute Dunlops!!

 how hot is this guy backing up like a pro?!

Riding to the canal for a little dip




This is my favourite picture so Zac gets a special shout out. He looks like one of those figureheads on the front of a ship.

Nothing wraps up a great day like a perfect selfie and some games with the cousins

Happy Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment