Thursday 24 October 2013

My Love


I have a lot of weaknesses. I know for a fact Nick has had to put up with my whining, grumpy, tired self A LOT. I hop into my pajamas the minute I get home from work. My morning alarm is usually snoozed for 20 minutes while I dread getting out of my warm cuddly bed. (And when I finally do I grumble and complain about it). I start a "healthy-eating" kick almost every other day. The list really could go on. (and on... and on...) Despite our weaknesses though, we have both seen new sides of each other that have made us fall even more in love. We have seen new strengths and abilities in each other. Nick can make me laugh and laugh and laugh about the most menial things. When I do something totally stupid he will outright laugh at me. This makes me really mad... but then I see the tears trickling down his face from laughing so hard and my heart melts and I start to laugh with him. I'm a little bit uptight - he brings out the little kid in me. He lets me be silly and totally ridiculous. I love when he gets so excited or happy or in love that he can't even begin to express it. He is like a pop bottle you've shaken up waiting for the cap to explode. And when he does explode he hugs me so tight over and over and over and we both laugh and laugh and share the excitement. Those are my favorite moments. He is always appreciative of me cooking or cleaning or doing the laundry. When I make him dinner he always gets up and gives me a kiss and says "thank you". He notices when I've done something new to the house, hung a new picture or mirror or decorated in some way. When I'm critical of others he reminds me to always speak kindly of people. When I have a meltdown over something trivial he gets me to laugh it off. He helps me to be the best I can be and that is one of the things I love about him most. I'm looking forward to spending many more weeks, months, and years with my best friend

4 comments:

  1. This is super cute Kylie! You got yourself a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I'm glad you two are so happy! Being married is the best hey?! I'm also glad you have a blog now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post Kylie! I like hearing that you have flaws too because I was convinced you excel at EVERYTHING (ok, I still think that!!)

    ReplyDelete